Established in 1929, Blue Bonnet Cafe is considered one of Texas' iconic cafes. Our family owned restaurant has earned a legendary reputation for good food and friendly service thanks to our loyal and hardworking employees. If you're a team player with a can-do attitude that thrives in a fast-paced environment, join the Blue Bonnet Cafe family.
- Health Insurance with Health Savings Account (HSA) option after 90 days of full-time employment
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with employer match after 90 days of employment
- Paid vacation time
- No late nights - we close at 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays
- Close at 1:45 p.m. every Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Eve
- Closed every year from Christmas Day until January 2
- Free meals during scheduled work hours
Manager responsibilities include ensuring efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintaining high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. We’re looking for a self-starter who is willing to learn all aspects of running an independent restaurant.
Skills we are looking for in a manager:
- Contributes to a friendly, welcoming restaurant environment.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and leads by example.
- Performs a variety of tasks including scheduling, cashiering, expediting food, greeting and seating customers, and managing front of house employees. No task is too small, including taking out the trash.
- Works under the supervision of the General Manager but relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals and solve problems.
- Responds to guest comments and criticisms in a positive and constructive manner and works continuously to improve customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots issues and finds suitable solutions. Creativity is required and a certain degree of latitude is given.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high-volume and sets a positive example for the staff.
- Understands team dynamics and facilitates teamwork amongst the staff.
- Skilled in developing employees by coaching, counseling, and building strong work habits. Provides clear and timely performance feedback.
- Able to interact professionally with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Accurately handles money and makes change.
Requirements for a manager position:
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of restaurant management experience preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours that include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays
- Likely 5-day workweek – 50-55 hours per week
- Computer competency skills
- Food Manager Certification preferred
- Bilingual proficiency preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and stretch for the duration of shift
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull approximately 50 lbs.
To apply for this position, please present your resume in person or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.